1650 and earlier
- 1430: Portuguese start voyages down the west coast of Africa
- 1492: Columbus arrives in Western Hemisphere
- Henry VII rules England
- Protestant reformation begins in England
- Reign of Queen Elizabeth I
- Ireland conquered by England
- 1607: Jamestown founded
- 1612: Tobacco made a profitable crop by John Rolfe
- First group of blacks brought to Virginia
- First legislative assembly meets in Virginia
- 1620: First Pilgrims in Plymouth
- 1622: Indian attacks in Virginia end hopes of becoming a bi-racial society
- 1629: Great Puritan migration to Massachusetts Bay
- 1636: Harvard founded
You just finished 1650 and earlier. Nice work!
Previous TimelineNext Timeline
Tip: Use ← → keys to navigate!
How to cite this note (MLA)
Aboukhadijeh, Feross. "1650 and earlier" StudyNotes.org. Study Notes, LLC., 17 Nov. 2012. Web. 22 Apr. 2021. <https://www.apstudynotes.org/us-history/timelines/1650-and-earlier/>.