- 1828: Andrew Jackson elected
- 1830s: Railroad era begins
- Nat Turner's rebellion
- Liberator founded
- 1832: Nullification crisis
- 1834: Whig party formed
- 1835: Texas Revolution, Republic of Texas established
- Manifest Destiny
- Telegraph and railroads create a communications revolution
- 1846: Mexican War begins
- Treaty of Guadeloupe Hidalgo ended Mexican War
- U.S. acquires California and territory of New Mexico which includes present-day Nevada, Utah, Arizona, new Mexico, and part of Colorado
- 1849: Gold discovered in California
- Compromise of 1850
- California admitted to the union
- Fugitive Slave Law strengthened
You just finished 1825-1850. Nice work!
Previous TimelineNext Timeline
Tip: Use ← → keys to navigate!
How to cite this note (MLA)
Aboukhadijeh, Feross. "1825-1850" StudyNotes.org. Study Notes, LLC., 17 Nov. 2012. Web. 16 Oct. 2021. <https://www.apstudynotes.org/us-history/timelines/1825-1850/>.