- 1921: Washington Naval Conference
- 1924: Revenue Act slashes income tax on wealthy and corporations
- 1927: Lindbergh crosses the Atlantic
- 1929: Stock market crashes
- 1932: Franklin Roosevelt elected
- Bank holiday, "Hundred Days"
- NRA, AAA, FDIC, TVA, FERA, CCC
- Twentieth Amendment changes inauguration day to January
- Twenty-first Amendment repeals prohibition
- Hitler comes to power in Germany
- Gold standard terminated
- Social Security Act, WP, NLRA
- CIO formed
- U. S. Begins neutrality legislation
- 1936: FDR re-elected
- FDR attempts to pack Supreme Court
- Japan invades China
- United States Housing Authority
- Fair labor Standards Act
- Hitler takes Austria, Munich Agreement
- 1939: World War 2 begins
- Roosevelt makes destroyers-for-bases deal with the British
- Fall of France
- First peacetime draft
You just finished 1920-1940. Nice work!
Previous TimelineNext Timeline
Tip: Use ← → keys to navigate!
How to cite this note (MLA)
Aboukhadijeh, Feross. "1920-1940" StudyNotes.org. Study Notes, LLC., 17 Nov. 2012. Web. 21 Jan. 2021. <https://www.apstudynotes.org/us-history/timelines/1920-1940/>.